One of my students asked me what I want for my birthday. I told her the truth which is that I really didn’t know. I hadn’t given it that much thought since grown-ups don’t really have birthdays. She told me that was sad, I told her there was a difference between the things I need and those I want. I had most of the needs covered so I quickly gave her the rundown on my birthday want list. So for anyone else out there who didn’t know what to get me I’l make it easy on you too.
Top ten Birthday present Wantlist (in no particular order)
1. A writing grant so I can sit around the house and get paid for all these stories I don’t finish.
2. State championships for Lusher in all the sports we compete in.
3. The Suns to win the NBA Championship (It’s too late for this one but it’s what I said)
4. The Saints to win the Superbowl.
5. All my kids to get straight a’s, excel at their sports and be safe.
6. Dutch apple pie and plenty of it
7. my friends to move back to New Orleans
8. The rest of the world to start their day at noon
9. Expungement of any outstanding warrants
10. My videotape that was in my VCR that got stolen, where I had my 54 point game recorded.
Thanks to everyone who wished me happy birthday. Never knew so many of yall cared. I guess Myspace is at least good for Birthday reminders if nothing else.